SIT20416 Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
|Start date||View Intake Dates|
Training and assessments are conducted in English. Applicants must possess sound written and oral English skills. You will be required to complete a Pre-training and Language Literacy and Numeracy Assessment.
There are no pre-requisite or any other training package entry requirements to enrol in this course.
- Domestic: 66 weeks without any breaks (may vary depending on the cohort and industry requirements)
- International: 78 weeks including 12 weeks break (All the course for International students are run over 2.5 days for a minimum of 20 hours per week)
** Please note: duration in weeks may vary dependent upon the amount of contact days per week.
Pathways from the qualification
Further training pathways from this qualification include
- SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management
- SIT60316 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
Employment or occupational pathway
The Certificate II in Kitchen Operations prepares student for the preparation of basic dishes, cleaning and maintaining kitchen premises etc.
Job roles related to this qualification include:
- Executive housekeeper
- Front office & Gaming Manager
- Unit manager catering operations.
- Chef pâtissier
- Banquet or function manager
- Bar, Club, Motel manager
Each unit will be assessed by a minimum of three (3) types of assessment:
- Question and answer/written assessment tasks
- Role play/practical demonstration and observation of skills
- Practical demonstration and observation of skills in a simulated environment
(Note: Written, Practical and observation assessments must be carried out).
You can apply for recognition of prior learning, academic credit and work experience towards this qualification. During the course of your life you will develop a wide range of skills and knowledge. Through work, volunteer roles, family commitments and various tasks undertaken in everyday life, you are building up a bank of knowledge. The evidence of these skills and knowledge accumulated can be used to help you gain a qualification.
Click below for further details:
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|SITHCCC001||Use food preparation equipment|
|SITHCCC005||Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery|
|SITHCCC011||Use cookery skills effectively|
|SITHKOP001||Clean kitchen premises and equipment|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITXINV002||Maintain the quality of perishable items|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices|
|SITHCCC002||Prepare and present simple dishes|
|SITHCCC003||Prepare and present sandwiches|
|SITHCCC004||Package prepared foodstuffs|
|SITHCCC006||Prepare appetisers and salads|
|SITHCCC007||Prepare stocks, sauces and soups|
** Please note: electives may vary by state and are subject to change to meet client and industry requirements.
Please note: dates are subject to change due to holidays and availability.
If the dates provided do not suit, please contact us at 13 13 89 or +61 3 9450 0500 via phone, or through our contact page, as we will accommodate dates to suit student’s needs.
|Intake Dates For 2023|
|Offshore International Students||9th||24th||17th||9th|
|Domestic Students||Please Call us on 131389 or +61 03 94500500 for the intake Dates|