Credit Transfer & National Recognition
ETEA recognises AQF qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by any other Registered Training Organisation in Australia. Students may request credit for a whole unit or course/program based on study in an unit or course/program at another institution that is within the same Training Package. Suitable documentation such as a Statement of Attainment must be provided when applying for Credit Transfer or National Recognition.
What is Credit Transfer?
Credit transfer assesses the initial course or subject that an individual’s using to claim access to, or the award of credit in, a destination course. The assessment determines the extent to which the client’s initial course or subject is equivalent to the required learning outcomes, competency outcomes, or standards in a qualification. This may include credit transfer based on formal learning that is outside the AQF.
What is National Recognition?
Recognition by an RTO of the AQF qualifications and statements of attainment issued by all other RTO in all state and territories, thereby enabling national recognition of the qualifications and statements of attainment issued to any person.
How to apply
You should apply for Credit Transfer or National Recognition as soon as possible but no later than 2 weeks after your Course Commencement date:
- If you apply at the time of application, it will be processed with your admission application and a letter of offer that may be offered to you will reflect the actual duration and the actual course fees taking into account your course credits.
- If the application is made after the initial letter of offer sent to you and:
- The application is granted to you before your visa has been granted by DIAC, the actual duration of the course, and the actual course fees, will be set out in a revised confirmation of enrolment (CoE).
- The application is granted after your visa has been granted, any changes in the course duration resulting from the Credit Transfer will be advised in a revised Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) and DIAC will be informed.
- In any event that your application has not been finalised prior to the commencement of your course, you must attend classes as per your original timetable until the application outcome is determined.
If you are applying for Credit Transfer and require assistance with completing the application you should contact us.
When lodging your application for Credit Transfer, it is important to ensure that all documentary evidence of training, including Certificates/Diplomas, Statement of Results and Statement of Attainment provided must be original or certified documents and must be signed and sealed by the issuing Australian Registered Training Organisation.
Once the application has been received by ETEA, and your admission has been finalised, we will endeavour to inform you within ten (10) working days of any additional evidence requirements. Once all appropriate documentation has been received your application for Credit Transfer will then be processed and the outcome notified to you.
In the event that your application for Credit Transfer has not been successful you may refer to ETEA's complaints and appeals process.